The Local Organization for Physicians' Spouses
The Medical Alliance of the Piedmont (MAP) is the local component of the North Carolina Medical Society Alliance (NCMS Alliance) and the American Medical Society Alliance (AMA Alliance). The AMA Alliance is the largest organization of physicians' spouses in the United States. The NCMS Alliance is the fourth largest state alliance, and has received a 501(C)(3) designation by the IRS.
The MAP accepts tax-deductible contributions as an affiliate of the NCMS Alliance. Our mission includes: improving the health and quality of life for the people of our community; advocating for fiscally sound and medically appropriate health legislation; fund-raising for health-related, non-profit organizations such as Crisis Control, the Community Care Center, and Senior Services; and promoting fellowship and camaraderie among members of the medical family. Our Goals are:
- To promote health education.
- To promote participation of volunteers in activities that meet the health needs of the community.
- To be advocates for the medical profession at large.
- To promote a positive image of the medical community.
- To promote friendship and support among the families of the medical profession.
- To assist in the programs and projects of the Medical Society.
For membership more information & membership application, you may visit our website: www.medicalallianceofthepiedmont.com.